Salvation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salvation

Aiding those within the gaming realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whats in A name ?????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcus
Salvation Marshal
Falcus

Whats in A name ????? Empty
PostSubject: Whats in A name ?????   Whats in A name ????? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:20 pm

I wanna tell you all a little tale of Genesis of our Name, I feel that it is important to understand what reason we are Named Salvation is, Why it was chosen and what it truly stands for.

First off we are "NOT" named after a cartoon show (As team Titans is), nor or we named because it sounds cool. Thundercats and the Sporkmiesters are far better choices than the Name we are now asked to consider. BUt back to the origin of our name.

It all Starts in a serververse Far far away, in a land called Shaiya. A world where it's peoples are divided into to light and dark races. While most of the time these races are on seperate servers the world has points where these two races occupy the same areas (forced PVP). These areas also contained joint dungeons that dropped Magical stones which could be added to equipments to make them better (simular to the shards we use , only better). Also the world was odd in one respect, in that you could play a character up to level 50 in normal mode, you had to do this to unlock so called hard mode, which you played to level 50 to unlock ulitimate mode. each progression unlocked new powers and each level must be unlocked by the previous mode of play.

It was into this world a young Tank (defender) we'll call Poon was born. This young tank wandered this world often becoming upset at the selfish nature of her fellow Shaiyaites. It was on a fateful trek into a light side dungeon, that She came across a young mage that had been left alone because of a real life issue (ie She was a new mother and had a newborn baby which required all the attention a newborn requires). Alone stranded and having no chance to fight her way to the surface, She remained huddled in a corner hoping some one would come along and help her.

It was then that the Party of Poon was a member came across this young mage. Poons party told the young mage TS !!! Suicide and and rez in town was the common attitude. This enraged Poon and she dropped party from these heartless, greedy scumbags with which she was with. This of course drew everything from pleas to return to profanities I will not subject you too.

Poon partied with the young mage named Tipsy2K7, whom to her friends is known as Tip. Now these dungeons that they found themselves in are differant from the Fb's we know, as in the mobs respawned as do the overland mobs do here. The party size was pegged at 6 as they are here, and the mob encounters are adjusted to the six party size. Also they were not instanced, meaning that several parties could be in and pass each other.

It was as Poon was trying to to start the long march to the surface that such a party came along. THis party as had the one Poon was formerly in laughed and told the two of them to just suicide, rez in town. It was from this party that a young healer named Sura, found her teamates action objectionable. She dropped and party with the heartless form members of her party. She asked to join, the two and offered her assistance in there journey.

Thus was born the seeds of What we are. The core belife, being that to forgo self for the benifit of another is the true judge of a persons worth. This is evident still to this day in those that truly belive in the name Salvation. I could list things done by certian members of this family, and yes we are a family, we trancend the concept of faction or guild. For only will a family member sacrifice betterment of themself for the benifit of another.

But back to the three that found themselves two levels down in a dungeon designed for a party of six. Well to make this a little less than a novela, I will just say that afte about two hours of slow methodical progression they final reached the outside..........collapesed from the real physical and mental toll this wraught. As they lay upon the ground they exchanged names and buddy request to be sure they could find each other when the others were on line.

It was at this point that Tip stood and started to Say goodbye, as if she thought that while it had been fun it was to good a thing to last. The Tank and the healer stood and asked Tip where ya going ? She stated she was headed to town. The healer and the tank Looked at each other and said "Me Too!!" at the same time.

As they walked to town , they formed a bond and vowed to each other that they would always be there for each other. Such mundane topics as time zones , times they could play where discussed. Thus is your heritage, out of the needs of one we have grown, and while one of the three has been lost to us because of real life circumstances, her absense has blessed us with for more that belive as the three did that fateful day they met deep within the dark and heartless dungeon.

Let it be known that with thier union began the Legend of of the three on this distant land, many where thier exploits, So feared by the Dark side that they had bounties placed upon thier heads. But above all they were known to stop and help the least of thier server mates.

But these are tales for another time.

Last edited by Ariah on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:20 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved to a different forum section for new members to gain a better understanding of what we stand for.)
Back to top Go down
Ariah
Salvation Director
Ariah

PostSubject: Re: Whats in A name ?????   Whats in A name ????? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 12:51 am

From the depths of darkness, our true selves emerge. For only when we've lost everything do we truly find ourselves. When we've given up hope, the brightness we've longed for will shine true.

I had high hopes that we might be able to have the Titans join us as Saviors. As now that does not seem possible, I must say again, while a merger could be a grand thing, I personally want us to keep our name. I feel as though I'm in a rock and a hard place at this moment... the opportunity was given, and I could not simply keep it from everyone, knowing that others may be very eager for such a thing, and thus the merger topic became the grand central focus for us now.

At this point, with knowing that misinformation was given, and knowing the reason for which Salvation is named, I hope that everyone can still be able to say to themselves and to their comrades, "I am part of a legacy. If they wont join us, then we shall we find other ways to grow stronger. We have patience, we have a strong foundation that we are able to grow with, and I want this legacy to live on through the name Salvation."

Let me make it clear, I am not discouraging anyone from wanting to merge. I only ask that you commit to what Rivkah has suggested, and make a well informed decision. There is no rush at all. Please take into consideration the origin of Salvation, and what it means to so many of us, and what it does or doesn't mean to you. I want this guild to be stronger yes, and if that means following the friends I've found here to go be a Titan then so be it. But if it means sticking by my friends and striving to make Salvation what it can truly be, then that would light up my heart so much more.

My decision stays the same. I will follow you all to the Titans if it is what everyone else decides to be best. It would have been greedy and selfish if I had not told you all about this opportunity just because of the way I feel about our wonderful little guild. So, no matter what happens, in my heart I will always see Salvation above the purple pigtails of this goofy little Veno.

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jadespad
ZainZalon
Forum Admin
ZainZalon

PostSubject: Re: Whats in A name ?????   Whats in A name ????? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:41 pm

As I remember as well, our group was one of a select few that managed to stop the darkies most devasting pvper as well. *laughs.* In fact, they had to send several armies after us to stop us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats in A name ?????   Whats in A name ????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats in A name ?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salvation :: For all guilds :: New Members And Friends-
Jump to: