Salvation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salvation

Aiding those within the gaming realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server up!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivkah
Salvation Marshal
Rivkah

Server up! Empty
PostSubject: Server up!   Server up! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 am

Woohoo, the emergency maintainance is over Very Happy It was not finished as of 12:30 AM PST, but the game was up and running sometime before 2: AM PST.

Here is the announcement made by PWI as it appeared on the forums:

Greetings All,

For those who are unaware, we were forced to shut down the servers today due to an in-game bug that a select number of players were abusing.

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Once again, I must personally state, that we here at Perfect World Entertainment sincerely apologize for the extended downtime today. However this downtime was necessary in order to fix these critical errors.

Yesterday's patch was an epic fail and we are willing to admit it, however we have learned a lot from this experience. We assure you that changes will be made to our processes and procedures in order to ensure that something like this never happens again to Perfect World International.

On a side note, I was never a superstitious man before today. Needless to say this Friday the 13th will forever remain etched in my mind, additionally I will be vigilantly watching the calendar in the future and filing for vacation days on future Friday the 13ths. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rivkah
Salvation Marshal
Rivkah

Server up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server up!   Server up! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:08 am

Oh, and by the way, this means that there was no rollback- so this is wonderful news for Discipline, who had to endure two WQs yesterday! cheers
Back to top Go down
Slicerlot
Salvation Commissioner
Slicerlot

Server up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server up!   Server up! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:40 am

thx for the update Riv.

something i have always thought just seemed eskew is why on earth does human nature pursue the way that seems to be less then admirable
especially when it comes to gaming.
been gaming for over 10 years now, it always gets found out no matter what.
once they get caught they will cry the blues and make a list of excuses as to why the punishment is not fair.
i hope that not any of the folks i have run across in game are not caught up in it. for those that will be gone because of it to bad for them all that effort for nothing.

new gaming tower....$2,200
26" LCD.......................$450
comfy desk chair..........$230
respect...................priceless

just one more of the many things money can't buy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.globalgamingclan.org
Sponsored content

Server up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server up!   Server up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Server up!
Page 1 of 1