Salvation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salvation

Aiding those within the gaming realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Team Duels!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Discipline
Salvation Commissioner
Discipline

Team Duels! Empty
PostSubject: Team Duels!   Team Duels! EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:26 am

Alright, here's a little idea I came up with, since PWI doesn't have team duels >.< I'm basing this largely on my Diablo II dueling experience. D2 team duels are insanely fun, so I hope that kind of fun translates here (I don't see why it couldn't ^^). Since there are few differences between the games, I had to tweak a few things, but here we go:
For team duels, we will all need to be white-named. We will be PKing each other, but not in the sense of killing one another while the other is grinding or the like -_- We will have two teams of up to six members each (maybe more as Salvation grows ^^) and we will be in a very remote location, to prevent losing any items from death. After everyone has had their fill of duels, or we just don't have enough people awake anymore Razz we can have a cool-down party in Sandsong Village or something (where you turn into a shop in order to restore your blue status). Ok, on to the duels!

First of all, the size of the dueling arena has to be determined. I was thinking something like the Sandsong Ruins near the village, but I can't remember if there are mobs there. Nobody is allowed outside of the designated dueling area. Each team will start in their own corners, and each team will have a captain. The only skills you are allowed to use before the duel begins are buffs. Neither team will leave the corners until both team captains say 'go' or 'g'. Obviously, team captains should ensure their team is ready to fight, as well as employ any strategies they may have discussed with their squad (in squad chat, of course!).

In order to keep costs low for these duels, HP/MP hieros (charms) are NOT allowed.
Pots or any other sort of Halloween candies/apothecary items are NOT allowed.
Healing and Revive (Res) IS allowed.
All skills ARE allowed. (make sure your team has full chi before you begin)
Pets ARE allowed (kill the veno first! Unless the veno is constantly kiting, and you are not 1v1 Razz)
Flying is NOT allowed, since duels would then depend on your wing speed more than anything.
And the most important rule: HAVE FUN! These duels are meant as a diversion from grinding, and also introduce some PvP into the guild. Believe me, these duels WILL make you a better PvPer. In the event that the duels are a little lopsided, we might have unbalanced teams in terms of numbers (e.g. 8 vs 2 against ppiimmaann and Falcus xD). In this case, make sure you don't friendly fire!!! Very Happy (Assist attack is your friend, hehe). All of this is tentative, if anyone has input, suggestions, altercations to make... feel free ^^
Back to top Go down
Rivkah
Salvation Marshal
Rivkah

Team Duels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Duels!   Team Duels! EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:39 am

I think this is a wonderful idea, Dis, and will be etremely useful for several reasons- firstly, it will stave off the boredom that comes with higher levels and grinding Razz This also will encourage guild members to get to know one another better. I know that there are a few members of our guild that I have actually not seen in person, knowing only their "voice" in guild chat. I think it is important for us to personally intereact with each other to become closer as a guild. Not only that, but this will prove invaluable experience, both for PvP and for squadding against bosses and in FBs. We'll learn the strengths and weaknesses we all have in squads pretty quickly when our survival in a PvP fight (and, therefuore, official bragging rights) depends on it Razz

The only thing that will take some doing is getting a time together when at least 6 - three on each side would be the minimum, I would assume - people in PK mode together. Time zones can be a killer, but now that school is over I, at least, can be pretty flexible with the times I am on. I think the limiting factor will be our members in Europe, as evening time on the east coast is a rather dreadful time of night in England =/

I am not an organizer at heart, and would probably leave the logistics of this to the those who are more organizationally advanced than I, such as Discipline ^^ Perhaps if we can't figure somehting out in Guild Chat pretty easily we may need to have people come back and post here when they are or are not available (keeping in mind the cool-down period afterwards to get out of PK mode)?

It would be fun to play around with different rues between matches, such as allowing skills in some duels and not in others, or trying out different classes teamed up together / against each other. If regular skills are not allowed in 1v1 duel, it would be a simple math equation to figure out the victor, assuming they start at the same time and calculating in the stats of their character and gear. With team duels, however, there are rather more factors involved in team fights (everyone on one side ganging up on a single member of the other side, or all taking their own enemy, ofr example), and it might be surprisingly interesting to see how fights without skills turn out. Half the fun of dueling is watching the veritable fireworks display of skills between the players, though ^^

Anyone else have any ideas or comments? I'd love to hear more input on this Very Happy

Fight on, Salvation Army!
(and btw, check out the spelling for the smilies presented to you when you are typing the text for a post- some of them are pretty funny, like "farao" instead of "pharaoh" and "bom" instead of "bomb" Razz)
Back to top Go down
Siah
Salvation Executor

Team Duels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Duels!   Team Duels! EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:18 am

Greetings my friends,

A spanner in the works, if I may? Shocked
I don't / haven't / won't hit any female Chars in PW. It's just one of the many weird little things that make me, me.

That being said... I will follow orders from the Officers and our lord Zain, command me and I will obey. As I have done in my last faction, I have yet to disobey a direct order.
I really would like to take part in PvP dueling. This is the perfect oppertunity to learn a facet of PW as yet unexplored by me.

Solution? scratch
If one of the officers could just command me to attack before each battle I would really appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just be standing still if all the men are on the ground.

Siah <------- Weirdo, but with the best intentions.

Rivkah
Salvation Marshal
Rivkah

Team Duels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Duels!   Team Duels! EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:28 am

You are actually not the first one I have met, Siah, who is rather averse to PKing female characters in the game. I am glad you made your concern known, and I wish to assure you that you would never be forced to do something you refused on a matter of principle. Your loyalty is impressive and I am reminded once more, my dear, how lucky we are that you have joined our ranks Smile However, I will not stand for you obeying orders out of loyalty that you do not think are right or will force you to go against personal beliefs. I am sure there are ways we can get you in a squad versus an all-male team if we do organize team duels ^^ Don't doubt that we know you have the best intentions Smile You are one of the most honourable people I have met in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Duels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Duels!   Team Duels! Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Duels!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salvation :: Perfect World-
Jump to: