Salvation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salvation

Aiding those within the gaming realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Discipline
Salvation Commissioner
Discipline

Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently Empty
PostSubject: Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently   Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 am

Unfortunately, PWI is very class-based, in that some classes are much more useful in TT runs than others. For example, a 'dream-team' TT team would consist of 1 barb, 2 clerics, 2 venos, and 1 archer. I'll go over a quick rundown of the whys and the skills that are preferred in TT, but first, being efficient in TT accomplishes a lot of things, the main reason being that you spend LESS time in TT (sweet! Very Happy)
Spending less time in there reduces the amount of repairs for the tank, the amount of HP lost on their charm, the amount of MP lost on the clerics' charms, and also increases the amount of runs that can be run in succession. These all amount to MORE money saved (even sweeter! Very Happy)

So... how do you do that, Dis?

Well, here we go with the rundown of roles and skills each class has in TT:

Barb: responsible for tanking the boss as well as maintaining aggro by way of Flesh Ream. Also responsible for moving bosses and rushing. Skills to level include Flesh Ream and the barb buffs.

Cleric: responsible for keeping the tank alive; even if another member (other than the other cleric) goes down, keep the tank alive, or your party will almost surely get wiped out. In the event that the other cleric goes down, cast 5-6 ironhearts in succession on the tank, and quickly res the other cleric. In TT runs, it is prudent that at least one of the clerics should carry Guardian Angels so they can res from town and res everyone without a significant loss in exp. Buffs and ironheart should be maxed, Regeneration Aura is also necessary.

Veno: Luring mobs and bosses make venos indispensable in a TT run. When it comes to boss killing, Purge and Amplify Damage (foxform skills) are a must. Venos take turns debuffing bosses during the cooldown between castings. Pets are an excellent form of DD, just make sure aggro does not shift from the tank. Bramble is also very important since the amount of reflected damage will be huge. Skills to level: Purge, Amplify Damage, Bramble Guard

Archer: Archer's are also a good form of DD, but what makes them shine in TT is their sharpened tooth arrow. This will reduce a boss' HP by a percentage. Even at level 1, 5% of 4 mill HP is a whopping 200k damage. This skill can save 10+ minutes per boss; absolutely epic lol. Skills to level: Sharpened Tooth Arrow

Ok, ok, I know wizzies and BMs aren't listed here. We still love you guys (especially in PvP ^^). Aoe stun + Aoe spells = a lot of dead enemies Smile
Feel free to add comments, questions, etc.
Hope this helps to save time, money, and our sanity! xD
Back to top Go down
Rivkah
Salvation Marshal
Rivkah

Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently   Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:22 am

While on this morning/evening's 1-2 TT run with Discipline and other fellow Saviors, I learned a whole lot- both about that run in particular, as well as getting a couple of reminders about TTing in general. I know that Falcus, Zain, and i_am_bad- and ppii, no doubt- are all quite experienced in TT by now; today was my third time actually in the Twilight Temple, I believe, and my first time doing that particular map, and so there are still things I learn every time I go in there- especially when Dis is there to be as patient as he is and share with us all that stuff he has swimming around in his noggin. So that he doesn't have to explain it all anew every time a different person runs the TT with him/us, I thought I might share some of the things I learned today ^^

(And, of course, my memory is not perfect, so if I have made a mistake with anything, or left something important out, please correct me!)

So up to the first boss things seemed pretty standard. Pretty much typical FB techniques with pulling mobs, and helping Bad to target those annoying running ones. There were the usual Green Hands of Death (and noooo, I absolutely did not decide I was invincible and decide to run through the green circle when I should have waited for another cycle, and make Dis have to turn around and res me.... I would never do that... >.>) In case anyone is unfamiliar with these nice little booby-traps, they are basically circles set into the ground out of which spring a set of hands, periodically. The only trick is to avoid being in the circle at the same time the hands are, because they explode and kill you in an instant- you just have to wait for the hands to disappear and then run through the green circle as fast as you can. Sometimes there are two overlapping circles, with mis-matched timers on them, so make sure that if one circle is safe but there are hands in the other one, you do not run through where the two green hoops intersect.

Aside from remembering that caution is far wiser a path than haste on the Green Hands of Death hallways, there were just a few other things I was reminded of as we fought- pretty standard FB stuff, again, but there's nothing like a good near-death to pound something into your head. Standing in doorways is bad... turns out where Zain has been taking his sneaking lessons from is these TT mobs, because they like to hang out on the other side of hallways where you can't see them and then pounce on anyone silly enough to go stand in the doorway instead of safely in the room with their squadmates (again, soooo not me...) If you do end up with a fight against two tough mobs on your hands and you happen to have two BMs with your squad, the BMs should try and stun as much as possible, timing their stuns so they do not overlap. It would be a good idea to work out at the start who will go first with the stun and who will follow afterwards, so you don't have both doing the stuns at the same time.

Nearby the Drum Boss, Dis showed us the boss on that run we were NOT going to attack- you had to go up through this tunnel, where you would find yourself in a room with a bunch of pillars in it. The reason we did not take on the boss is that the amount of AoE damage he does increases as time goes on, so it is imperative to dispatch him as quickly as possible. He can work himself into hitting 3k or more a pop, just in AoE, so we were all relieved we would not be fighting him Razz

There is also a set of booby-traps in the 1-2 run that I had not seen on the TT map I had done several times in the past- huge stone balls that roll up and down a wide ramp, which will kill you or your pet in a single brush, as with the hands. The first time you encounter this it is more of a surprise than a challenge, and it is not difficult at all to just hug the right wall as tightly as you can and run on by. The second time there are two balls, but the drill is much the same- just glue yourself to the right wall and go on up the slope. The next set, however, is rather tricky. These balls will actually brush the wall, so running up blindly, however much you try and become one with the cement, may end up in your untimely demise. You have to time yourself to avoid the movement of the balls. Also, these giant, stone-age pool balls have apparently picked up the teleportation ability somewhere- they will randomly disappear and reappear somewhere else on the slope, usually at the base, I think. When you do get past the danger zone, you have to be sure to stop short of the landing, because there are several mobs that will have to be pulled. It is perfectly simple, it turns out, to fight stuff while still cowering, flush against the wall, from a pair of giant, rolling balls of stone.

After this, if I remember correctly, comes the huge room with the toughest boss in it. And I may actually be mixing up the order of this- it may be that the place you have to stop short of the top actually comes a bit before the boss. Oh well, it would be easy enough to figure out when inside the TT.

So while you are stil cowering against the wall, you can look at your minimap to see ahead into the next room where the big, mean boss is. There are mobs that run the perimeter of the room, and while it would be perfectly possible to take them out one at a time, you'll save yourself a bunch of time/armor repairs if you just avoid them. There are periodic breaks between the mobs, and you just have to time yourself to run out and throw yourself off the ledge before you before you attract the dino-riders' attention. Inside the vast pit you'll have leapt into is a little pedestal in the center, standing on which is a humongous boss. I don't actually remember seeing his adds until we were already fighting him, but it is, of course, possible that I am just that unobservant and the huge things were really there the whole time. They seem to find little squishie things delicious, and whether they are there in the center of the room or not, it's important to get the main boss you are fighting away from aggro-range.

There are particular places people should stand, depending on their role, and it is a little hard to describe without having a map of the TT. Basically, Discipline stood back, close to the main, circular wall, out of range of the Boss' AoE; Bad and Sorr stood closer to the center of the pit, but also as far away from the boss as possible to try and avoid the AoE; ppii had dragged the boss so that he was facing away from where the clerics and ranged attackers go; and Damdred, myself, and the golems were attacking the backside of the boss, between the boss and the ranged fighters. His AoE is the strongest of any boss I, at least, had fought so far, and it's pretty much a given that, even with Discipline working his cleric butt off to keep everyone healed, you'll have to use some health pots and, if your class allows, self-heals (like Diamond Sutra). Just one more thing to take notice of while fighting is that there are blue transluscent walls scattered about the pit floor, and it is possible to get trapped inside of these. Poor Sorr ended up stuck in one of the blue walls, and he had to wait for the bosses health to reach a certain percentage (75, or maybe 66) before they automatically disappeared again.

To get out of this big arena pit there is a teleport beam on the center platform that will send you back to the perimeter right in the middle of where those dino-riders are practicing for their Track meet. It's important to remember that it is the south end you'll end up at, and wait for there to be a gap there before you walk into the tele. Then run like heck back to the exit hallway before the exercise-addicted mobs catch up with you and you end up with an epic battle on your hands.

The last boss, the giant snake, is pretty straighforward- he doesn't do much of an AoE, so no one but the tank should be taking damage. The only trick to this one is that halfway through the fight, those awful Green Hands of Death will start appearing everywhere- and these guys will flatten anything that moves an inch. So no worries, you can go on and attack all you want, just don't walk around. Which you probably wouldn't during a fight anyway, so it isn't too tricky. When the boss disappears, the green circles will linger for a few seconds, so don't move right away, even if there are fantastic drops waiting for you to pick up ^^ And then you're done cheers

Okay so that was super, super long, but hopefully helpful... The best way to learn how it goes is just to go on a run through it, but at least this way there are fewer surprises- and hopefully fewer deaths!- along the way ^^
Back to top Go down

Some Tips to Run Twilight Temple Efficiently
Page 1 of 1